Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Oh my!

Ok, I played with the colors a bit in hopes of being less offensive to peoples retinas har har har!

Anywho, geting back to my blog of doom...

Last night I managed to sweet talk my husband into letting me reactivate my WoW account. Thank goodness most MMO's have the same basic controls. It took me about 10 minutes of running around and fumbling before I could get the hang of combat again. I only died once, but thanks to reincarnation I popped back up and had a chance to run away and lick my wounds. I tried grouping with my husband, but even for someone only three levels beneath me, the experience was halved. Which is kind of a pisser because we are so close in level and we are being penalized for grouping. This kinda scares me a bit, since I have so much more time to build a character during the day. So basically, unless I stop playing so hubby can catch up, we may never be able to group together.

Don't get me wrong though, I love solo'ing mobs as much as the next gal. It's just that to me, there is no point in playing an MMO unless you play with others in some way. People shouldn't be punished for grouping. :(

On another tangent, I'm glad I left myself with a Kodo mount and a bunch of gold before I had to quit for personal reasons in June. You see, I refuse to play a game that is not fun. If it's not fun, then it isn't a game! And I was dealing with a lot of really immature people that take these kinds of games too seriously. I'm not slamming power-gamers though because I myself tend to play both sides of the spectrum as a power gamer one week to being a casual gamer the next. It wasn't their play style per se. It was more like their attitude about life in general. I was in a guild with a bunch of guys that liked to be as vulgar as they could in front of the female members just because they wanted us to be uncomfortable. Which is extremely crappy for a number of reasons. As I may have stated before, being a girl gamer is really rough. Being an expert girl gamer is even more complicated. Let me also say that their behavior towards females in game spoke volumes about their personality IRL, or lack thereof. One day the guild chat had spiraled out of control to the point where I immediately started seeking out a new guild. They were going on about how to have sex with women who only had one eye. Then they took a step further and said they would put their cocks in her empty eye sockets and proceed to fill them with jizm. yeahh.....

I am an adult so I can handle most types of off-colour humor. In fact I welcome it. But this was way too far. I didn't want my game experience in what was supposed to be an MMO to be completely ruined by a group of men who clearly had no respect for their fellow humankind. I don't really give a shit if they were speaking of it in private. That's their business. But guild chat is not the place for that garbage. In most servers I've played on, you need to keep the channel relatively clear for emergencies. There was one other female in the guild and she acted like it was perfectly fine to talk about raping other women and shit like that. Well, just because the only woman idiotic enough to come near these guys with anything less then a class 4 hazmat suit on says it's ok to hate women and other colours of human beings doesn't mean it is generally acceptable by all women. She was the most sorry fucking excuse for a female I had ever met. And that is saying something. Considering I didn't think my mother and sister (in-law!!) could ever be topped. But lo and behold, there she was saying that rape was a great way to get off...

Anyway, I manage to get into another guild, which thankfully was mature enough to handle themselves around females. But as this was declared a rival guild of my last guild, my former guildmaster(or GM for short) decided to take it personally and call me a two timing whore who got bought by another guild. It was endless with all the hate tells and spam. And the members kill stealing so I couldn't build properly. They even went as far as to train aggro mobs on my character so I would die. I had no idea that I was so important to all of these losers in a game so huge that they would decide to target me and my husband with their hate. And all I wanted to do was be in a civilized guild. Which is my choice. I didn't get married to them, I didn't swear a life oath to them... it's a game! People join and leave guilds all the time. And I'm sure they didn't really need me around because I really couldn't contribute anything to their shit. Anyway, in my whole life of playing MMO's I have never ever had a GM take me leaving the guild this hard. If they get that upset over something so trivial in an intangible cyber-world, I would hate to see how they handle getting cut off on the road, or rejected by the opposite/same sex, or even a future employer someday. Does this mean they will someday become apart of the Montana Militia if they aren't already? They do have their own currency and stuff... Scary.

rawr

I'll write more about why I originally quit WoW later. Because the story DOES get crazier if you can believe it hahahaha!

No comments: